Mudflaps for Mark 2 anyone?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
RIDDLER55

Mudflaps for Mark 2 anyone?

Post by RIDDLER55 »

Hello. I am trying to find some mudflaps for my mark two. I wondered if anybody on here had any they were looking to sell?
Apparently they don’t make them anymore, so my only other option appears to be to get some universal fit ones which I’m always reluctant to do because I never think they work very well.
Has anybody on here fitted any universal mudflaps and if so were they any good and if so could you recommend a supplier?
I am not looking for anything too flashy with lettering on or anything - just some fairly discreet mudflaps that will keep all the muck off the side of my car!
Thank you for any help you can give.

supercookie

Re: Mudflaps for Mark 2 anyone?

Post by supercookie »

Had my MR2 for almost 20 years & this post reminded me of the time I used to take it into my local Toyota dealer for servicing. After one particular service I was given a £25 voucher to spend when my next service was due (this was in 2001 by the way). I decided a full set of nice mudflaps would look good until the guy behind the counter looked on his computer & announced £70. I though wow thats steep for 4 mudflaps...only to be told no...£140 + VAT for the full set. :blink:

Topic author
RIDDLER55

Post by RIDDLER55 »

So has nobody ever fitted any? My car is white and I can’t drive more than 500 yards anywhere in it without getting a load of muck thrown up down both sides of it.

abovetherim
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by abovetherim »

I fitted a full set of used oe mudflaps. You may be able to pick up a set from mr2ben or Tcb or even the guy on eBay that advertises MR2 plastics.
If you are struggling to find any I have a couple of spare front flaps I bought when I was gonna fit spats on the rear. Only problem is they have been painted but some plastic safe stripper and patience may make them useable. Not sure about the fixing points on them either.

I like the look of the oem flaps. I decided to get a full set after seeing Lewis's turbo with them.
1991 rev 1 T Bar n/a 3sge import. A work in progress!!!

Topic author
RIDDLER55

Post by RIDDLER55 »

Thanks for your offer but I really want to fit a matching set all round. I have tried MR2Ben and he is looking out for some for me. Whose the other guy you mentioned?

abovetherim
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9

Post by abovetherim »

Tcbparts sell MR2 parts and are very helpful. They sell new but often have breakers in also.

There was a guy on eBay based in Stoke that advertised MR2 plastics and you contacted him for what you wanted and if he had it he would msg pics and a price then list if you wanted it. Can't find him at the mo tho
1991 rev 1 T Bar n/a 3sge import. A work in progress!!!

Topic author
RIDDLER55

Post by RIDDLER55 »

Thanks for that info. Appreciated.

jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20

Post by jeff »

Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”