Air / Flow Conditioner System PIVOT

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
pinch
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 5

Air / Flow Conditioner System PIVOT

Post by pinch »

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one would anyone know what one of these is? (ACS-T Air/Flow Conditioner System, PIVOT)

Long Story short. It seems that where this joins up with the cables that feed my ECU there is some sort of short if the ECU loom is moved and i assume it is something to do with this. The short was causing the engine to cut out and the engine light to turn on.

What i was wondering is it seems the wires from the device just tap into existing wires on the ECU loom and would this be something i could just just pull from the system without any tinkering elsewhere?

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Air / Flow Conditioner System PIVOT

Post by peteV6R5 »

Just read a few items on google search "Air/Flow Conditioner System, PIVOT"
as far as I can see it sits between your AFM and ECU and allows you to modify the fuel to air ratio by up to 6%.

if that is the case , not knowing anything about them trace the wires. if it just interrupts the signal wire from AFM to ECZU its no hardship to take out and reconnect the wire to see if it is an issue. faulting by elimination .
if persists and you want it to stay you can reinsert it after test.

loads by other car clubs and car types on google search, worth reading a few yourself
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Topic author
pinch
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by pinch »

Hi Pete, thanks for getting back to me. To honest i did do a google search and it was just returning the the unit itself back to me but from foreign selling sites.

Ive not seen devices like this before. Do they do more harm than good or is it worth keeping replacing if it turns out to be fautly?

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

pinch wrote: 12/03/20 15:01 Hi Pete, thanks for getting back to me. To honest i did do a google search and it was just returning the the unit itself back to me but from foreign selling sites.

Ive not seen devices like this before. Do they do more harm than good or is it worth keeping replacing if it turns out to be fautly?
Dont know anything about them, guessing if you get it wrong then fuel ratio is out and that can be a big issue on 3sgte.

here's my search, lots of pages, silvia, skyline, scooby to name 3
https://www.google.com/search?q=Air%2FF ... e&ie=UTF-8
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”