Autolock query

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 1 week old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
David00

Autolock query

Post by David00 »

I’ve got a Mk2 Rev 4 SW20, and have some questions about the alarm system that I hope someone can help answer.

If I use the remote fob to lock then unlock the car, but do nothing else, then after 30 secs the car auto-locks and the alarm LED flashes. However if after unlocking the car with the fob I open a door, then the car doesn’t auto-lock.

I think it’s always worked like this. But is it normal behavior? Does it indicate that I’ve got a particular alarm system?

I know with the Mk3 you can reprogram the alarm functionality to enable or disable auto-lock. Is there a similar option for my Mk2 alarm system?

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Autolock query

Post by TonyleFrog »

David00 wrote: 19/03/20 14:15 I’ve got a Mk2 Rev 4 SW20, and have some questions about the alarm system that I hope someone can help answer.

If I use the remote fob to lock then unlock the car, but do nothing else, then after 30 secs the car auto-locks and the alarm LED flashes. However if after unlocking the car with the fob I open a door, then the car doesn’t auto-lock.

I think it’s always worked like this. But is it normal behavior? Does it indicate that I’ve got a particular alarm system?
Yes, it's normal for a Rev 4 which has the TVSS IIIB OEM security/alarm system.
https://thatchamsecurity.co.uk/car_alar ... toyota.htm

As you can see from the above link it is exactly the same as the Gen 6 Celica.
http://www.celica-club.co.uk/wiki/index ... lift_alarm
David00 wrote: 19/03/20 14:15 I know with the Mk3 you can reprogram the alarm functionality to enable or disable auto-lock. Is there a similar option for my Mk2 alarm system?
The Mk3 has the later TVSS IVS - https://midshiprunabout.org/mk3/program ... ty-system/
I'm not sure whether the IIIB has the same functionality. I've never really thought about it tbh.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
David00

Re: Autolock query

Post by David00 »

Thanks Tony! Exactly the info I was looking for.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 1 week old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”