Black plastic cap/cover broke off

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Hafynx

Black plastic cap/cover broke off

Post by Hafynx »

Firstly, I'm very new to this. This is my first car of this age, and I generally don't know too much about cars as it is, but want to learn. Notices that this piece on my engine was broken off, and struggled to find a picture of it, or find out what it is, as I've seen plenty of engines that don't even have it. Thanks
Capture3.PNG

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Black plastic cap/cover broke off

Post by TonyleFrog »

It's the stock intake resonator (No.1) - https://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist ... 3&fig=1703
The likely reason you have seen engines without one is a lot of owners fit an aftermarket induction kit.
Exhaust/air filter are the two most common mods on Mk2 MR2.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”