New battery no power

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

telgnal

Re: New battery no power

Post by telgnal »

file:///C:/Users/blang/OneDrive/Documents/Manual/Wiring%20Diagrams/System%20Circuits/01%20-%20Power%20source.pdf
C'était le schéma électrique .
Last edited by telgnal on 27/04/20 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Your link won't work, your trying to link to a file on your PC's hard drive which won't work, you'll need to upload it to cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Drive etc) then link to it.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

telgnal

Post by telgnal »

Merci .

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

Looking at the link again I see it's on Onedrive, you should be able to share from Onedrive, but I don't use it so can't help with the how. Google should offer a solution

telgnal

Post by telgnal »

Ce n'est pas important ,je pense que le problème de batterie va être résolu facilement .
A+

Topic author
andyjf89
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1

Post by andyjf89 »

So I have had another look today since I’ve managed to get away from work for a moment!

I have bypassed the fusible link (using jump cables) and low and behold I now have power to the car. It’s not starting yet (possible blown fuse which I have now ordered).

I have a local handy auto electrician on his way as we speak to replace the link so at least that is done.

I’ll try replacing the fuses once they arrive and see if we can get movement on the starter motor.

I might as the electrician to test the fuses to see which is blown while he is here.

Thanks for all your help folks 😀

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

andyjf89 wrote: 27/04/20 15:10

I might as the electrician to test the fuses to see which is blown while he is here.
You might as well while he's there. Bear in mind there's 3 fuseboxes, worth checking them all, there's 4 or 5 high current fuses in the front boot fusebox that are bolted in, article here on how to change them https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your2/mk2/ ... -fuse.html

Topic author
andyjf89

Post by andyjf89 »

jimi wrote: 27/04/20 15:41
andyjf89 wrote: 27/04/20 15:10

You might as well while he's there. Bear in mind there's 3 fuseboxes, worth checking them all, there's 4 or 5 high current fuses in the front boot fusebox that are bolted in, article here on how to change them https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your2/mk2/ ... -fuse.html

So he has taken a look, the fusible link had a faulty connection, which has now been sorted.

He has checked all fuses and relays which are all working and in order.

The immobiliser has been looked at, tested etc and is working as it should.

Which leaves us with the problematic ecu 🙈 he has taken it away to his friend who works on ECUs so he can take a look to see if a tract is damaged or something.

He has asked for the pin out diagram and a wiring diagram, would anyone have these?

I think if the ecu is fried then we we replace with a rev 1 one as I cannot for the life of me find a rev 2 one for sale. Does anyone know how many pins need to be changed for it to work?

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

andyjf89 wrote: 27/04/20 18:39 I think if the ecu is fried then we we replace with a rev 1 one as I cannot for the life of me find a rev 2 one for sale. Does anyone know how many pins need to be changed for it to work?
I'm not sure that's even possible, I don't know of anyone who has tried repining it to get it to work, don't even know if the the external components (injectors, distributor, ignitor etc ) are compatible.
Anyway
1991 &1993 Electrical diagrams are available for download from here https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/download-cats/c ... 1-mk2.html and I've attached the pinouts for both 1991 & 1993 ECU's
1991 ECU.jpg
1991 ECU.jpg (60.76 KiB) Viewed 16 times
1993 ECU.jpg
1993 ECU.jpg (58.14 KiB) Viewed 16 times
Internal diagrams for the ECU's are not available, AFAIK Toyota never published them.

Good luck.

Topic author
andyjf89

Post by andyjf89 »

I'm not sure that's even possible, I don't know of anyone who has tried repining it to get it to work, don't even know if the the external components (injectors, distributor, ignitor etc ) are compatible.

Thanks, I take it the rev 3 ecu is much the same then? My auto electrician is able to swap pinouts if required, am I right in saying to change to rev 3 ecu I would need rev 3 injectors too?

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

I'm not saying it isn't possible or that it won't work, just that more research needs to be done to check that the external components are compatible. Also the ECU connections need to be cross-referenced to make sure they match up ie are there XX connections on both ECU's, are they named the same? Then there's the ECU fuel/ingnition maps to consider, are they similar ?
That's before any repining that needs done.
I haven't checked but see no reason to suspect the. Rev3 will be any different. Mr T obviously made changes to the ECU's for the different REV's otherwise they would all have the same part number.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”