Mk2 Dash Lights Issue

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Jellysenpai

Mk2 Dash Lights Issue

Post by Jellysenpai »

I've tried searching the forums but keep finding issues and fixes related to the mk1. My Speedo/dash backlights don't turn on and haven't since I bought the car which is a real pain but I notice that the heater control backlights do come on and the clock light dims itself. I've checked the kick panel fuses and replaced the 15amp fuse just to be safe but it didn't help. I've now taken the dash apart to check the fuel warning light is still a filament bulb and it is so I would just like to check if this sounds like a light switch issue as I don't want to go about replacing it if I don't have to.

The car in question is a rev3 turbo.

Thanks for any help, I just wanna make sure I'm not missing anything.

ayresyboy
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 20

Re: Mk2 Dash Lights Issue

Post by ayresyboy »

Maybe something to do with the dimmer switch if you have one?
1997 2GR-FE | 1998 3S-GTE

Topic author
Jellysenpai

Post by Jellysenpai »

It doesn't have a dimmer sadly, I'll try to do some more digging in the wires

abovetherim
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by abovetherim »

First thing I would do is whip out the binacle and check the bulbs.
Are you getting the warning lights on with ignition?
If all the bulbs look ok check the track for the light circuit as the circuit board is a flexi thing.
1991 rev 1 T Bar n/a 3sge import. A work in progress!!!

Topic author
Jellysenpai

Post by Jellysenpai »

abovetherim wrote: 28/06/20 15:31 First thing I would do is whip out the binacle and check the bulbs.
Are you getting the warning lights on with ignition?
If all the bulbs look ok check the track for the light circuit as the circuit board is a flexi thing.
Hi, I get warning lights as usual and the bulbs seem okay but as they are LEDs its hard to tell so I swapped in a known working filament bulb but no change so tracing the circuit seems like the next best idea. The only reason I haven't traced the lines yet is the boost gauge was switched to a digital one and is hard-wired into the dash so I'll try to rewire it so its removable maybe.

Thanks

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”