Beginner needing some help identifying things

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Coyote978

Beginner needing some help identifying things

Post by Coyote978 »

1991 Important 2.0L NA MR2 MK2

Hi all, just bought my MK2 only a week ago and have been diving into it as it has some problems.

- Stock radio unit, Has power and will play cassettes fine, screen lights up but has nothing on it, cd player spits cds out and radio will not pick up anything Fm/Am. Checked the fuse. Worth just getting after market or anyone know what it could be?

- Electric folding mirrors work however I cannot use the electric adjusts, nothing happens.

- While I was looking at the fuse box near the drivers kickplate I noticed a hanging connection along with an open port, I'm guessing the large port is some sort of obd port, any ideas for the hanging wire?

- The antennas been unseated and as such is sort of just in the boot, any suggestions on an alternative antenna than the stock as I quite like the flush look.

- Central locking works but will not lock from drivers door, it will open both doors but only lock its own whereas passenger side locks both doors no problem.

- Is there any difference between clicking this up or down

If anyone can help with any of these Id greatly appreciate it and thanks for taking the time to glance over my post as it may just be basic answers. : )
Attachments
Hangingwire.jpg
japanesesymbols.jpg
japanesesymbols.jpg (36.51 KiB) Viewed 81 times

Saboteur
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Beginner needing some help identifying things

Post by Saboteur »

The switch is for turning on and off the the moving motion of the fogs, they move with the steering or not as you require

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

If the aerial is just stuck in the boot then it's unlikely the radio will pick anything up.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

abovetherim
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by abovetherim »

Buy new aftermarket stereo with bluetooth.
Mirrors could be switch unit itself or wiring to the mirrors
Doors may be microswitch on back of lock or more likely signal wire damaged in the loom in the door jam (this may be impacting mirror issue also).
1991 rev 1 T Bar n/a 3sge import. A work in progress!!!

Topic author
Coyote978

Post by Coyote978 »

Ah cheers guys, I've tried the foglights so they don't move and also looking at the relay it seems to be the standard non moving fog relay. So I wonder if the switch was just added. Appreciate the response! I reackon I will go ahead with the android stereo install as detailed in the guide available on here.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”