How much BHP and Torque will I make?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
tommy10101

How much BHP and Torque will I make?

Post by tommy10101 »

Hi guys,

Quick question.
I am currently building a track car, see specs below. I was wondering if you could let me know roughly what power you would expect it to make? Fly wheel horse power & torque lbs/ft

1994 rev 3 turbo (engine healthy)
Ct20b
St205 charge cooler
Manual boost controller set to 15psi
3 inch decat down pipe from rogue
3 inch full Free flowing exhaust
Hks air filter

Other mods include slotted discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, kw coil overs, front strut brace

MR2DI4
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 23
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: How much BHP and Torque will I make?

Post by MR2DI4 »

Flywheel is just a guess from most dynos basically your still looking at stock power. Gains are hard to get without more boost and just a few bolt on bits dont make that much difference. Basically you end up getting the factory quoted flywheel power at the wheels If your lucky. Put it on a decent dyno the gains are not great without quite a bit of internal engine work.

benckj
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

Re: How much BHP and Torque will I make?

Post by benckj »

I’d crank your boost up to 17psi which should see you around 265whp. From there it starts to get expensive.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”