maxx1 alarm

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20
MR2's Owned: 1

maxx1 alarm

Post by jeff »

toad ai606 currently installed is playing up, rang someone up to get a quote on fixing and was advised that its now obsolete and i should consider getting a maxx1 alarm fitted
anyone have any experience of them ?

Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: maxx1 alarm

Post by peteV6R5 »

Jeff, had a read of quite a few reviews and ads on this.
1 its a clifford, which for me is a tick- my clifford concept was great once installed correctly for the 13 years I had my MR2
2 I have no knowledge of this particular system
3 what I have noticed is the price and price fitted differers widely so best shop around
4 from what I have seen its got good reputation and features.

other than that (which pretty sure you got from your reading of the system ), think I would be looking at same if needed.
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

rupert smith

Post by rupert smith »

Hi Jeff,

I very recently purchased my new MR2 (the other day) and it has an Avital maxx1 immobiliser fitted. From my brief experience with it it seems to work flawlessly.

It's thatcham approved (not sure if your previous alarm was), so the immobiliser passively arms 30 seconds after either disarming the alarm, or turning off the ignition. To start the engine this has to be disarmed so you have to either arm and disarm the alarm if the key isn't in the ignition, or just press the unlock/lock button while the key is in the ignition.

The remote locking works well and the system also allows you to arm the alarm without the interior acoustic sensors so you can lock it with the roof off.

It's quite an old system though... surely there must be other more modern systems that are probably nicer to use, more secure and with greater features?

Topic author
jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jeff »

the toad was triggering randomly and the disarm button wouldn't silence it
if i removed the siren the alarm didn't trigger
Jimi suggested renewing the sirens battery pack, tried that and when refitted it still went off at any time it liked

so managed to get a replacement siren for £50 off ebay and up to now all is well, no false alarms
Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”