Rear diffuser / kit

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
mattler

Rear diffuser / kit

Post by mattler »

My little project is now almost finished but I`ve just been sent some pictures of it and there is a BIG gap between the rear side spats as the exhaust is center exit.
Does anyone know of any kind of rear diffuser or bodykit piece available anywhere that fits under the rear bumper.
I`m fully expecting I will have to modify it for exhaust exit and heat protection etc but I cant even find a start point! It would be a bit easier to explain with pics but I cant seem to upload any

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Rear diffuser / kit

Post by jimi »

What's the problem with adding images ? It's quite straightforward https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forum/92/167439.html
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
mattler

Post by mattler »

oh, thanks Jimi. I didn`t see that option. but I`ve been offshore for 9 months so I have an excuse LOL

Topic author
mattler

Post by mattler »

So, I`m happy with the look of the rear bumper/ side spats from the side but as you can see from the rear it looks awful.
What I was thinking was to have the exit pipes re-worked to exit wide apart and fit a new bumper that looks more complete.
Suggestions please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mattler on 07/11/20 7:08, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
mattler

Post by mattler »

I`m guessing this would be the simplest option, but again I cant find this type of diffuser online for sale anywhere!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MrAndy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by MrAndy »

mattler wrote: 07/11/20 7:07 I`m guessing this would be the simplest option, but again I cant find this type of diffuser online for sale anywhere!!
Glass Fibre Products on Facebook. It's a guy called Nigel Smith that makes them as well as other body parts for the 2.

Topic author
mattler

Post by mattler »

Excellent!! Thanks very much

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”