Car not started for 11 years

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Journeyman
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 1

Car not started for 11 years

Post by Journeyman »

Hi Everyone,

I have an MR2 92 REV2 that I parked up in the garage 11 years ago, due to an after market immobiliser issue with the fob. There was only one FOB when I bought it.

I mislaid the keys and was ready to break it or sell it as complete car.

But last week I found the keys and fob, I have taken it apart and cleaned it all. new battery, and the FOB lights up.

So now to get a battery to see if it can turn over.

My question is can the immobiliser be removed or can a new one be fitted are there any recommendations or garages that can do this.

this will all depend on if the engine will at least turn. then the fun will begin

any advice on would be helpful please.
thank you

Current Cars
MR2 MK 2 REV 2 Grey 1992
Jaguar XK8 1998
Jaguar X Type estate

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Car not started for 11 years

Post by jimi »

Your other post has been locked.
Please do not make the same post in multiple sections of the forums, either MK2 Tech or Project Cars ? let me know by PM which one you want to keep.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”