Turbo (E153 Gearbox) 5th gear nod / movement

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 1 week old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MR2T_Jake
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Turbo (E153 Gearbox) 5th gear nod / movement

Post by MR2T_Jake »

Hi all!

Just had my engine forged and rebuilt and popped in a 52k mile E153 to replace the gearbox I had that had 5th gear pop out.

It holds every gear and feels pretty good, except that 5th gear is "moving" / "nodding" when letting off the accelerator.

I have poly shifter bushes, a 93+ shifter, MT-90 fluid, and the front and rear engine mounts are also poly bushed.

Is this fairly common for a bit of movement in 5th?

Thanks for any help :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 1 week old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”