SW20 Rev 2 Fuel Tank Stuck/Jammed

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Arca

SW20 Rev 2 Fuel Tank Stuck/Jammed

Post by Arca »

Hi all,

I've been trying to remove the fuel tank from my rev 2 tubby for a week or so now, but seems like it's stuck. I've followed the steps in several guides and made sure all of the bolts/fasteners and hoses are disconnected, but the tank is just refusing to drop. Not sure if it's rust welded to the frame maybe, or if there's something I've missed. I've read that it should just drop easily without resistance but even if I try and suplex the tank it doesn't budge. Does anyone have any tips for removing/dropping a stubborn/stuck fuel tank? I can try to get some pictures if it helps.

Wilkie Senior
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: SW20 Rev 2 Fuel Tank Stuck/Jammed

Post by Wilkie Senior »

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”