exhaust gaskets for n/a ver 1

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Bru_lynn

exhaust gaskets for n/a ver 1

Post by Bru_lynn »

HI,
I am having big problems sealing the manifold to downpipe joint. I have lost count of the number of sealing rings that have been tried so I would like to make a one piece gasket out of possibly thin copper sheet. To do this I need a template. Has anyone got a surplus manifold I could beg, buy or borrow or even a U/S downpipe that I could have the flange from? Obviously will pay postage and any other costs.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: exhaust gaskets for n/a ver 1

Post by jimi »

I have templates for the 4A-GE exhaust manifold, pretty sure I don't have anything for the 3S-GE/GTE but I'll take a look
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: exhaust gaskets for n/a ver 1

Post by jimi »

Drop Dan a PM https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forum/members/12877.html
I seem to remember something about him doing templates a while back :th:
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”