Speedo Electronic Sensor

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
stiletto72

Speedo Electronic Sensor

Post by stiletto72 »

Hi,
I know this can fail at any time, but my Mk2 Rev2 which has been working perfectly for about 6 yrs, has suddenly started to under-read by about 10mph at moderate speeds? It co-incides with me replacing the rear anti roll bar bushes (bracket failed) with new polybushes and brackets, and I had to remove the rear X member to do the job properly. I'm sure I have not disturbed anything else, and the connector plug is tight onto the sensor. Can anyone give an idea if the sensor could be at fault?
The speedo is consistent, and not fluctuating but simply reading on the low side.
I suspect a wiring connector, but not sure which of 3 wires is live, earth, speedo feed, etc
Thanks for any ideas!
Nigel

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Speedo Electronic Sensor

Post by jimi »

Download the Electrical Diagrams from here https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/download-cats/d ... s-205.html
It has all the info you need i.e. wiring colour codes, connector locations & pinouts , connections etc.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
stiletto72

Post by stiletto72 »

That's great - thanks for this.
Nigel
PS. I do have a CD of the MR2 manual, but unfortunately it won't play anymore (scratched?). Is the full manual still available do you know?

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Look in the downloads section LINKY and on this thread LINKY2
All the Toyota manuals (BGB's a.k.a. Big Green Books ) for all models of MR2 are available to download .... for free, courtesy of the Club and its members ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
stiletto72

Post by stiletto72 »

Hi jimi,
Many thanks for these download links which are really valuable to keep. Safely on a USB now in the hope that I can refer to them when needed. A great asset - thanks mr2oc!!
Nigel

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”