Radio Wire Mess

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
KianIRL

Radio Wire Mess

Post by KianIRL »

Hi lads,

The Rev2 has been without a radio for quite some time. Hoping someone can help me identify the wires coming from the void that used to contain a radio. Hopefully a new radio will be able to get fitted with what's here.
IMG_20211010_135446.jpg
IMG_20211010_135509.jpg
IMG_20211010_135515.jpg
IMG_20211010_135522.jpg
IMG_20211010_135528.jpg
IMG_20211010_135534.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wilkie Senior
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Radio Wire Mess

Post by Wilkie Senior »

errr thats a bit of a "Job" do they go back to a ISO plug? in the depths

like this this one is actually one MR2 Ben sells this connects to the factory plug & allows to fit a head unit of your choice with cutting anything hopefully the previous haven't
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"That's a Negative Jim..I Do Not Have The Measles!"

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Only the pink/blue & black/red are original, all the rest (including the led) look like "replacements" what for and where they go is anyones guess. The adapter Brian has posted is Toyota to ISO, but I doubt there's one in there, the pink/blue & black/red wires would originally have attached to the Toyota connector.
At a guess someone has "rewired" the speakers etc other than starting again, your going to have to trace the cables to see where they go.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

JRD93

Post by JRD93 »

That's your worst nightmare when you try and put a new radio in. As stated above, pull those cable out as far as you can, might be worth taking the whole surround off to get a better look then get a plug bought to go into one of those adapters. I was lucky and mine had the original cassette deck with everything stock, literally plugged in a connector from mr2 ben and off I went.

Let me know if you need a picture of what wires you need, sure it's online but sometimes they're hard to find.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

JRD93 wrote: 11/10/21 8:25 Let me know if you need a picture of what wires you need, sure it's online but sometimes they're hard to find.
Personally I've never found Know Your 2 difficult to find .... It's on the menu at the top of every forum page ;)

JRD93

Post by JRD93 »

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”