Rear wheel arches

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
andyp73

Rear wheel arches

Post by andyp73 »

Hello,

Amongst the myriad of rust repairs that my MR2 is going to need there is a big piece needs cutting out of the passenger side rear wheel arch.

Is it possible to get MR2 Mk2 repair panels or is there another vehicle that has a close enough profile to be able to use the repair panels from that?

-Andy.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Rear wheel arches

Post by jimi »

I don't remember seeing anything about anyone doing arch repair panels for the MK2, but I'm not certain, there's a couple of eBay sellers doing sill repair panels, might be worth contacting them.
Also this company https://sites.google.com/site/classicautopanelcraft/
Have look at this thread you will more than likely find it useful for the work ahead ;) LINKY
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

BYRNEY1984
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by BYRNEY1984 »

Hi I had to do this on my rev 1 v6 turbo along with both outer sills and the passenger inner sill. You can get the outer sills from MR2 ben for £65 each. But the rear arch panels will have to be fabricated. I just cut out all the rot and kept what was left in one piece then made them in plates took a while but was worth it. Even if ot can’t be seen 😂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wheelnut

Post by Wheelnut »

Got this to do, thanks for pics. Nice work.

Rev599

Post by Rev599 »

Good work 👏

silverseasw20

Post by silverseasw20 »

I've done these, I basically just copied the shape with 1mm sheet & pieced together, put the groves back in by putting a chisel underneath and hammering along each side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wilkie Senior
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Wilkie Senior »

As Jim says some are cutting repair panels out of breakers, i was lucky enough to find some for my rebuild after a bodge by a "Award Winning" body shop !!!

Steph does do some cuts at MR MR2 I think hes looking to be packing in (I may be wrong) try him, but as they all suffer rot in the same place you need to travel, do the mate buddy puppy dog eyes etc

Good luck

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”