Starter motor install

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
reececan

Starter motor install

Post by reececan »

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone can lend me a hand. I am trying to install a starter motor however I am struggling with where I connect a wire. The bigger bulky cable connects to the side of the starter, however I am not sure where the black singular ring connector goes to. the connect is too smaller to fit on any the fittings on the starter.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Starter motor.jpg
Starter motor.jpg (50.85 KiB) Viewed 31 times
Starter motor wires.jpg
Starter motor wires.jpg (57.66 KiB) Viewed 31 times

BYRNEY1984
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 4

Re: Starter motor install

Post by BYRNEY1984 »

The smaller wire is the solenoid exciter wire. It should have a push fit connector that fits on the black rectangle plug next the the main 12v+ feed. It looks like someone has chopped it off and fitted a ring connector for some reason. But just check it is this wire by running a continuity check from the small green relay in the boot by the ecu.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 1 year and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”