Smokey engine, valve seals

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
SimonTappenden

Smokey engine, valve seals

Post by SimonTappenden »

I am trying to work out the best solution, the engine continues to smoke under load / high revs and for 37k miles that’s a worry.

I am doing two compression tests, one with oil one dry, if the results are the same it could still be the oil rings but additive might free them if I can find a really good one...

I am cleaning the entire fuel system and cats too.

With regard to valve stem oil seals I guess having stood for 6 years they could have gone dry and if I need to change them is there any way to do so without removing the engine... has anyone actually done it? I can’t imagine it’s easy at all without a ramp...

If there is anything else I could
Try please let me know......

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”