Cutting out issues help please

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Cutting out issues help please

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

:th: Its a MK3

MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Torero
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Torero »

MRHAPPY62 wrote: 21/09/17 18:30 :th: Its a MK3
D'oh :facepalm:

Topic author
skidmark66

Post by skidmark66 »

Right have a little update. Wife used car yesterday and she drove lots of small journeys in the morning and car never missed a beat. Come the afternoon she went to shops and did shoping came out car started fine but when she left the car park she noticed the battery light was on. Now worried she might not make it home if she stopped she carried on home about 2 mile journey. Once on the drive she turned motor off and restarted and battery light had gone drove around the block car drives fine. Odd very odd.

Topic author
skidmark66

Post by skidmark66 »

Car is now off the road its let me down today for the last time.
Just don't know what to do.
Not giving up just need time to see where to go from here.
Mark

headcase
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by headcase »

if you can get it over to me I have look for you patrick

Topic author
skidmark66

Post by skidmark66 »

Patrick thanks very much for your offer. I would love to but im just not sure it would make it without leaving me stranded. The only thing I could do is get my mate to follow me in his van so if it does break down he can tow me.
PM me your postcode so I can see where you are and I will see if I can work a plan.
Regards
Mark.

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

Patrick is the man :notworthy:
Well worth the trip and very reasonable.
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Topic author
skidmark66

Post by skidmark66 »

Well guys after a very long time I have decided to give this another go. Its been laid up on the drive ever since this problem under a cover. Some progress has been made and the main reason for not showing up any faults is because some nice gent who owned or sold the car at some point decided to remove the bulb which lights up the engine management light. Anyhow I have found a couple of faults one being the main reason for not running correctly and just stopping when it felt like it was a dodgy coil pack P0301 I replaced them all and it seems ok now but havent tried any long test drives yet. The other couple of issues was a couple of 02 sensors not working and im in the process of getting them swapped out.
Can I just apologise to Patrick for not returning his msg as to be honest I have had many issues since then and things just got a bit much but that's another story.
Anyhow im back on the straight and narrow now and pressing on with hopefully getting this car sorted.
Im sure I will be back soon asking more daft questions. Thanks for all the advice thus far will keep you posted on progress as im working on it every night after work now.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”