MK3 Modification Ideas

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

MK3 Modification Ideas

Post by MR2Jay »

Morning All,

Got the bit between my teeth on the MK3 now and loving getting back on the spanners. Been a long time since I've really got stuck into mods, changes and repairs as the MK2 has been slowly getting to completion. Let's face it, a lick of paint and a damned good service and I have to say it's pretty much finished now.

So my attention has now turned to the MK3. What performance mods can I do?

I'm stuck with the 1ZZ engine, as it has the SMT gearbox and I need to retain that there are no options to change it. I do plan breathing mods on it (exhaust, filter etc) but I'm realistic. There isn't actually much I can do to the engine itself. So where else can I look?

I have some cosmetic ideas but they are literally styling and tidying, it's more "under the skin" ideas I'm looking for. For info, it's a 2002 Pre-Facelift car which I know does make a bit of difference.

Any ideas?

Cheers

1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”