Timing Chain

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
BGarvey

Timing Chain

Post by BGarvey »

Hi!

Just checked the manual for the MR2 and there´s nothing on there and the forum search as well, what are the intervals to replace the timing chain and tensioner? Water pump as well maybe?

Topic author
M07775

Re: Timing Chain

Post by M07775 »

As no one has answered, I don't believe there is an interval when the chain needs replacing, read you should have it checked at 100,000 miles (I have not reached this point yet) garage have told me that if the chain needs adjusting the engine will sound like a diesel. Also told it is a very expensive job involving removing of the engine.

Topic author
BGarvey

Re: Timing Chain

Post by BGarvey »

M07775 wrote: 15/12/18 1:24 As no one has answered, I don't believe there is an interval when the chain needs replacing, read you should have it checked at 100,000 miles (I have not reached this point yet) garage have told me that if the chain needs adjusting the engine will sound like a diesel. Also told it is a very expensive job involving removing of the engine.
Thank you!

Been doing some reading about this and it´s for life... until it breaks or it sounds like a diesel.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”