Removing spare wheel from frunk?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Aerotus

Removing spare wheel from frunk?

Post by Aerotus »

Hi everyone,

I'm thrilled to be a new MR2 mk3 owner and this is all new to me.

I was wondering how many of you drive without the spare tyre and use the frunk purely for storage? Do you notice a difference in handling when the frunk is empty vs with the spare wheel? Is it better or worse?

Did you also remove the alarm unit in the frunk as I can see that getting damaged by keeping shopping etc in the frunk.

I will only be driving it locally so will keep the spare wheel at home which could be retrievable in a pinch.

Aero

carolineasb
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Removing spare wheel from frunk?

Post by carolineasb »

I think you may feel handling differences if you remove it but have never done it myself so don't know for sure :( apparently some people turn the wheel upside down so that you can store things in the middle of the wheel?

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”