No Electrics

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
OllieDunnett

No Electrics

Post by OllieDunnett »

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on here although I`ve been a reader for a while. Whilst driving my 2004 MR2 home last week the alternator belt began to disintegrate although did not fail completely, I took it to a local garage who fitted a new belt. I then drove it for about 6 hours non stop for work and everything was totally normal (no warning lights etc). The next morning I drove it for 6miles which again was fine, its been sat in a hotel car park since then and now is totally flat, I couldn't even unlock it remotely and when I tried to jump it off another car it lit up the electrics but wasn't able to even turn over.

I`m in this hotel with work for the next 2 weeks but will need to get it fixed down here (Exeter) before the 26th, I will put a voltmeter on the battery tomorrow to check its condition but any ideas are gratefully received.

Thanks,

Ollie.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”