Rattling soft top latch

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Aerotus

Rattling soft top latch

Post by Aerotus »

Hi everyone

I have a significant annoying rattle from the centre latch behind the seats which you pull to release the soft top.

I think the spring has worn out so it rattles around a lot at low speeds on bumpy roads.

Anyone know what the easiest way is to fix this? Is this part available for order or is it easy to grease it with lithium grease or some other solution? Thanks

Aero

LB2020

Re: Rattling soft top latch

Post by LB2020 »

Not much help on this, but i have the exact same rattling latch which drives me mental! If you find a fix let me know!

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Topdownman »

Its not the wind deflector rattling is it? I have heard of them coming loose so the perspex can move?

LB2020

Post by LB2020 »

For me its the latch 100%. Buzzing away behind my ear

Topic author
Aerotus

Post by Aerotus »

Definitely the latch not the wind deflector. Apparently changng a new latch means changing the whole rear plastic board which costs around 150 pounds and needs 1 hour labour!

J88TEO

Post by J88TEO »

I have seen some on eBay.
Try one of the breakers.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”