107K Precats are still intact, should i remove them?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
StuUK

107K Precats are still intact, should i remove them?

Post by StuUK »

Hi all
I'm in a bit of a dilemma whether i should attempt to remove my precats or not!
The car is a 2002 and has 107K miles on the clock, i haven't had it long and I'm hoping to get a summer or two from it.

My precats are still in place and look in good condition through the o2 sensor holes.
The engine is strong and using very little oil.

my shield bolts are badly rusted and the 3 amigo's look badly rusted too. I havent seen the manifold nuts/bolts yet.

I'd like to do the precats but fearful that bolts or studs will snap and especially manifold studs breaking which would be a disaster.

Would people say that this is a must do job regardless of the risks?

jvanzyl
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: 107K Precats are still intact, should i remove them?

Post by jvanzyl »

I'd do it if you can. Just replace with a toyosports or zero manifold and enjoy the slightly increased/released oomph and sound.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”