Wheel bearing

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Talllegs

Wheel bearing

Post by Talllegs »

On trying to source a front wheel bearing for my mk 3 I found many suppliers selling the bearings for £15 or so.
My mechanic however advised me that you need to replace the whole hub on the front.
Is this correct and if so why are suppliers selling the bearings that can't be fitted ?
Also, am I correct in saying that the rear bearings can be removed and replaced instead of a complete hub unit.
My mechanical knowledge is limited so apologies if I am asking what is obvious to others.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Wheel bearing

Post by jimi »

I believe that is correct regarding the front wheel bearings, Try TCB Parts for replacement, great company to deal with
http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/suspension.ht ... uspension)
scroll down the page for front hubs
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”