Tyres - some advice please

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
andy2174

Tyres - some advice please

Post by andy2174 »

Hi all

After having a good look around my MR2 last week, I noticed the the centre section of the rear tyres, rainsport 3's were down to the wear indicators

I have rainsport 3's front and rear - I thought it best to get rainsports again, to match all around, however, my usual tyre supplier has told me that the next stock of rainsports, in 205/50/15's wont be due in until December

So, I ended up going to Toyo TR1's

Question is - should I change the fronts now to match the rears ?, even though they are circa 6.5mm on both

I am sure I have read that the MR2 is sensitive to tyres

BahnStormer
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Tyres - some advice please

Post by BahnStormer »

personally I always keep front and rear on the same brand + compound at least... even if wear levels differ a little... if you're feeling flush: a new set of wheels, put the Rainsports on back order and get a set of TR1's for the fronts.... but it's that sort of bloke maths that has be sitting here with three sets of wheels and three full sets of tyres: a set of Conti Premium Contact 2's, Conti TS860S (winter) and AD08RS's... at least I'm ready to run the car 365 days a year, snow, trackdays and everything in between :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”