Where to buy a soft top strap for the "Ears" Issue

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
JWJ0121

Where to buy a soft top strap for the "Ears" Issue

Post by JWJ0121 »

Hi everyone,

I've figured out how to fix the ears issue with the soft top, but after feeding through the strap and wrapping around the correct pole and connecting, one of the buttons appears to be broken meaning I can't connect the strap properly.

Does anyone know where I can buy/find this type of strap? Massive pain and i've been trying to get the ears fixed for a while now.

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Where to buy a soft top strap for the "Ears" Issue

Post by Topdownman »

The button often get squashed if it comes undone. They are a press stud with velcro around to try to keep it in place.

One of my buttons was squashed so I opened it up with a pair of pliers so it would sit back over the stud and then sewed through the strap to hold it in place as the velcro just doesnt seem to hold them on.

Worth trying to see if this would work for you first.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”