Quickshifter Refurb Advice

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Slim Chaney

Quickshifter Refurb Advice

Post by Slim Chaney »

I picked up a quickshifter off ebay, complete with cage. Theres a rubber gasket/seal/washer type thing on it thats broken, as in about a cm missing, which is causing some gear lever wobble. The main fulcrum of the lever sits in a spherical recess, theres then a nylon top piece that gets dropped on top then theres that washer sitting on top, compressed when the top of the cage is closed.
Total longshòt but has anyone come across this part when searching for other things? Im wondering if I could replace it with 2x2mm o-rings stacked on to of each other but I rather try to get it stock.
I'll post some pictures when I get it back out to have a fiddle and a play to give a better idea of what Im asking.

I "could" use the washer from the cage in my car currently but I havent removed it to check condition. Ideally Id rather have 2 complete cages if possible that I can swap out.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”