Clutch issue???

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 days old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Halls

Clutch issue???

Post by Halls »

Just bought a mk3 MR2 as a bit of a project. I got the car almost home after an hours drive with it when the oil light kept flashing on. Arrived home and checked oil and it was bone dry. Took 3 litres of oil to top up! Anyway, while topping up the oil i spilled a fair amount when the funnel slipped out. Drove the car today and it feels like the clutch is now slipping when i put the foot down. Is it possible that oil has got on the clutch? Revs free when clutch is depressed but doesn't pull when in gear, or rev as the clutch slips. Almost feels like the engine isn't giving power as usual. Any thoughts would be great
Cheers.

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Clutch issue???

Post by SonicSW20 »

3 *litres* to fill it back to full? They only take 3.7 litres on a oil service! You'll be very lucky if it hasn't suffered damage from that.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

carolineasb
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Clutch issue???

Post by carolineasb »

Yip the big big problem with the Mk3 is oil burning due to the oil control rings getting gummed up :( and if it goes really low then there is a process where the precats (if they are still there) implode into your engine and it's Good Night Vienna to your engine :(

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 6 days old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”