Best Cat pipe replacement (ie as close to OEM)???

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
briweekes

Best Cat pipe replacement (ie as close to OEM)???

Post by briweekes »

I grabbed a bargain on ebay new Cat pipe, however it wouldnt mate up to the manifold correctly and the 3 Amigos bolt holes needed drilling larger, as a result, the joint was not gas tight and had leaks. The bolt-up flange actually bent when torqued up.

Grateful for suggestions for a UK source of the best quality one, without being too expensive. I don't want this hassle again. Reason I'm replacing the original, is there are leaks around the two flexi pipes.

Thanks

jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Best Cat pipe replacement (ie as close to OEM)???

Post by jeff »

briweekes wrote: 03/07/21 16:31 I grabbed a bargain on ebay new Cat pipe, however it wouldnt mate up to the manifold correctly and the 3 Amigos bolt holes needed drilling larger, as a result, the joint was not gas tight and had leaks. The bolt-up flange actually bent when torqued up.

:rolleyes:
Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

Topic author
briweekes

Re: Best Cat pipe replacement (ie as close to OEM)???

Post by briweekes »

Yes, because I didn’t have a few hundred pounds spare.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”