Undertray splash guard loose

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Tanim

Undertray splash guard loose

Post by Tanim »

Hello,
Does this look normal and if not then is it safe to drive? I've avoided motorway soon as I've noticed, thanks!
Tanim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Undertray splash guard loose

Post by Topdownman »

Its a long time since I had a rear nappy on my car to remember how they look but it is common practice to replace the bolts with cable ties which you just cut off and pop a new one on when it goes back on.

I would say nothing to worry about.

Wilkie Senior
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: Undertray splash guard loose

Post by Wilkie Senior »

Hi It looks like the Cable tie already in use has ripped through the tag the bolt/screws go through.

Ive done everything from, make a fresh hole (to affix with) and bonding and pop riveting a ali plate over Both sides to then bolt through

Ive made a few shapes here's just one sort of thing Ive done just some thin gauge ali you can cut with metal shears then bend as required, the shape is not exclusive, you make a few!! :-) :laughing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"That's a Negative Jim..I Do Not Have The Measles!"

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”