normal

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Matt_mrs_2000

normal

Post by Matt_mrs_2000 »

Hi everyone, i have only joines the website today and hopefully haved posted this in the correct place.

I have purchased a mk3 MR-S 3weeks ago (pics soon), its has the fold down soft top but i am thinking of purchasing a hard top for winter (extra security as well as looks).

How do i go about the change over, can i leave the soft top on? Do i need to change, remove or add anything?

Thanks for any help guys! Matt

Topic author
Matt_mrs_2000

normal

Post by Matt_mrs_2000 »

Right, cause i actually went to my local toyota dealer on the way home thinking they would know, they told me to join this website lol!

SO if i buy the hard top i will still have to get my hands on a fitting kit?

Reason im asking is if i take the hardtop off on a nice day, being from manchester it rains from nowwhere here and wanted to know if i would be able to just pull up the soft top up still after leaving the hardtop behind or if i would have find the nearest bridge!

Topic author
Matt_mrs_2000

normal

Post by Matt_mrs_2000 »

Ah Great! sounds expensive! We'll ill have a look into it with the help you've give me!

Much appreciated!

No doubt i will be asking about more problems in the near future!

Thanks again - Matt

Topic author
Matt_mrs_2000

normal

Post by Matt_mrs_2000 »

Ah, i took a good look at them pics and i havent got them parts, but in the list you sent its had two side panels in the list, im hoping theere not side panels as in bodywork?

Topic author
uktotty

normal

Post by uktotty »

Toyota will tell you that if yoiu car didnt come from the factory with a hardtop then you CANNOT fit one. This is crap, the fiting kit is often sold with the hardtop on ebay and sometimes (rarely) you can buy a fitting kit on its own. Expect to pay around £250 for the full kit

Topic author
uktotty

normal

Post by uktotty »

thought I had :O

Neptune
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4
MR2's Owned: 3

normal

Post by Neptune »

todd where did you get all those part numbers?
MkII GTS Turbo - Apexi Filter, HKS Super Dragger Exhuast, Decat, Ct20b Turbo, HKS SSQV, Magnecor KV85, TEIN S-Streets, GReddy Intercooler

Neptune

normal

Post by Neptune »

oh right, do you know anywhere you can get a list of part numbers for a mk2?
MkII GTS Turbo - Apexi Filter, HKS Super Dragger Exhuast, Decat, Ct20b Turbo, HKS SSQV, Magnecor KV85, TEIN S-Streets, GReddy Intercooler

Neptune

normal

Post by Neptune »

nah i dont need a hardtop atm lol, just a place with a list of toyota part numbers as i need some spares and my local mr t is abit of hardwork when trying to tell him what parts u need.

Topic author
ad_car

Re: normal

Post by ad_car »

Sorry to rake this topic up from months ago!

Are the hard tops easy to put on and take off on your own? (are they heavy is what I should be asking, I suppose!)
I don't fancy knocking my neighbours door everytime I want to get the darn thing off/on! lol

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”