Brake calipers...what the hell.................!!!!!!!!!!!

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
mickster

Post by mickster »

Do Toyota engineer these things to last 1 or 2 years (if your lucky)?
I've just scraped through my MOT (But thats another story, see Shamed) and it needed the handbrake tweaked and whilst doing so, the calipers kept sticking. This is my 3rd Mr2 and each and everyone of them needed rear brake calipers at one time or another. my Rev 1 needed a new set after 1 year. I have a rev 3 now but is there any revision that doesn't go through brake calipers as if they are going out of fashion?
Mickster.

Topic author
BlackIce2

Post by BlackIce2 »

Well No , i have had a rev1 ,2 and now rev4 , my rev 4 has had 3 sets of front calipers in the last five years.

Topic author
mickster

Post by mickster »

Hmmmm, it does make you wonder!
Also, anyone else had problems trying to start a new thread in the 'Shamed' bit. It keeps saying error.

pete20mr2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by pete20mr2 »

referb ya own calipers mate its not tht hard! ive just done all mine saved a mint!!

Topic author
mr2archy

Post by mr2archy »

just because you only have an mot once a year , doesnt mean thats the only time to maintain your car. id say the brakes are problematic, but periodic cleaning and inspection never hurts, and will definately prolong the lifespan of such parts
BRING ON THE BACKLASH

Topic author
mickster

Post by mickster »

Well i have just replaced discs and pads, front and rear and didn't have a problem pushing back the calipers....hmmmm, perhaps i got ripped by EM GARAGE SERVICES OF FAREHAM in more ways than 1.
'Shamed' only available to full members...? OK, i'll bear that in mind.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”