KYB NEW SR SPECIALS? Worth much?

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
iLogik

Post by iLogik »

Messing around with the car earlier taking photos of the repair/mod work done to front bumper and noticed the shocks were New SR specials Kyb jobbies.

Are these standard on a mk3 or they aftermarket and if so they worth much?

Topic author
bossman23780

Re: KYB NEW SR SPECIALS? Worth much?

Post by bossman23780 »

I gather youre having issues with rubbing because of the car being lowered plus a body kit? if you still want your 2, have you considered having the tein adjustable kit, then you can adjust the ride height.

Topic author
iLogik

Post by iLogik »

I get scrap-age just wondering if the shocks on it at the mo are worth much. Was toying with the idea of replacing the advans with some 17 split rims. With bigger tyres, should lift it up a bit more.

Topic author
bossman23780

Post by bossman23780 »

Well you could put bigger tyres on but then raise the chance of tyre rubbing and throw your speedometer out but after seeing youre car i think the cause of rubbing isnt the aftermarket shocks or springs but the body kit, PM loadswine on ROC, he has a similar style kit to yours, i'd ask him how he finds his car for rubbing.

Topic author
iLogik

Post by iLogik »

bossman23780 wrote:Well you could put bigger tyres on but then raise the chance of tyre rubbing and throw your speedometer out but after seeing youre car i think the cause of rubbing isnt the aftermarket shocks or springs but the body kit, PM loadswine on ROC, he has a similar style kit to yours, i'd ask him how he finds his car for rubbing.
he finds it the same, had the underside cut off it like he did, only thing left is bigger wheels like his got. But even then multistore car parks are impossible.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 15 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”