Rev 3 GTS with a Celica GT4 205 Engine Swap

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
SamJ123

Rev 3 GTS with a Celica GT4 205 Engine Swap

Post by SamJ123 »

Hi guys and girls,

Please go easy on me with the MR2 lingo as this is my first post.

The original MR2 MK2 1993 Rev 3 Jap imported GTS engine was swapped for a 205 GT4 Celica engine is 2010. I just wondered if anyone has experienced any issues or has positives/negatives to share? BHP is the same i believe.

The car I am looking to purchase has traction control. It currently has a warning light. Just wondered if anyone has purchased a Rev 3 GTS with traction control and how to diagnose or fix the issue?

The AC isn't working. It has been re-gassed but this hasn't fixed the issue. The air-con rad was also replaced in an effort to fix the issue. Just wondered if the compressor/pump is prone to failure and how easy it is the fix the problem?

There is a water leak at the back of the engine bay. It appears to be a water pipe (Not the dreaded water pipe) Previously the owner believes it was a rusted hose clip which caused the leak. Any one have any experience of leaks in the same area?

I would really appreciate some advise and any comments!

Thanks

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”