andyroo
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 15

Re: Kent Run Round 2 - Sunday 8th May

Post by andyroo »

Hope you all had fun, I will get round to attending one of these this year I have promised myself but recent promotion at work is pretty much taking up all my time and need some family time too.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

MR2 MK3 Silver 56
Mercedes E220 2016
Lexus IS300H 2014

pbmr2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by pbmr2 »

Was an epic little mornings outing. Met lots of the members and their nice cars, had a good hoon round Kent and a cooked breakfast in the sun. Win, win win.
And no one lost their keys
"Time is the true wealth, spend it well."

Rev4 T-bar gen4 swap
Rev4 Moonroof 3sge daily

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

pbmr2 wrote:Was an epic little mornings outing. Met lots of the members and their nice cars, had a good hoon round Kent and a cooked breakfast in the sun. Win, win win.
And no one lost their keys
:th:
What he said. Thanks as always Tony :clapping: especially for the nice weather :laughing
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

angpozzuto
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by angpozzuto »

So gutted that my mk1 is out of action I would've loved to join you guys this morning. Hopefully she'll be ready for round 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supercharged v6 mk1 build thread
https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/125/166558.html

Woody928
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Woody928 »

Gutted that I couldn't make this as it sounded like you had stunning weather for it, and had a great time.

You all now know why I wasn't there, I just wanted to say thank you to you all for signing the card delivered by TLF. Really appreciated it, was a complete surprise in my afternoon and very thoughtful!

It was complete luck though receiving the card this afternoon as I managed to get myself discharged from hospital this afternoon (albeit not back to strength yet). On route home a few minutes out from the hospital I was admiring a Cosmos Mk2 that looked tasty, before I realised I knew the car and the man peddling it! My dad tooted, waved and flashed in the mighty Toyota people mover to no avail though. Knowing TLF was well of of area (Selfishly knowing there was only one person in the area worthy of such a visitor) the chase was on! So now chasing back to the place I had just spent the past few days getting away from we started tracking cosmos coloured glimpses down the back roads. Having stopped at some traffic lights we quickly notice him going the opposite direction again and begin to toot, flash (with the headlights), and wave again to no avail other than making TLF feel as though he's being harassed by a man with road rage.

The car was lost again at this point down another road where we stalked looking for the Mk2, pulling into a car park in the hopes of locating the man. No luck, until the rear taillights were spotted crawling over speed bumps down a narrow side road. The chase now back on the mighty previa chased down T2 flashing its lights and tooting at him. With a junction arriving he's finally forced to stop, leaving him to watch someone burst out of a side door. Clearly fearing for his life at this point having being hunted down be a road raged driver he's relived to see the man heading for the passenger side of the vehicle before again being relieved to be accosted by a friendly face. Later the comment was 'That's the first time anyone's ever caught me' to which my response that the car that had finally hunted him down after all these years was a 14 year old, 1.9 diesel,Toyota people carrier... :laughing

Thought I'd share as it was the most excitement I've had in a few days, big shout out to TLF for coming all that way and thanks again to all for the card! :th: Certainly made my day. Hopefully I'll be back for the next runs in no time :D
Rev3 JDM GTS Turbo 268.6bhp 262ftlb 0.9bar (Current Toy)
Rev4 UK GT T-BAR (Still in the family)

gavsdavs
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by gavsdavs »

Was really lovely to see eveyone today.

Massive respect to the west midlands mob for commitment to the cause, I hope you enjoyed the drive and the trip back.

Sorry about the split of groups in the first section - it was all Tom's fault ! :)

Topic author
TonyleFrog
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Firstly my apologies for not being at the Esso garage as arranged. At the time I was a bit preoccupied with the pain in my gut and embarrassingly I found I didn't have a contact number for any of you! Thankfully the tablets did their stuff and I felt a lot better by the time of our first stop.

One thing I wasn't expecting was the amount of people out and about that early and causing problems for our convoy. In all the years I have been organising these runs the roads have been mercifully free of traffic until near the end at breakfast time. No so today. Every time one turned off and it looked like we would have a decent clear stretch another one appeared.

Despite a couple of navigation blips we manged to regroup and everyone made it to the finish. Big shout out for the West Midlands gang for coming all the way down to sunny Kent. Great to see you all and hope you enjoyed what we had to offer.

And finally :happybday: to a certain lady whose indecently rapid Mk3 was ever present in my mirrors! :th:
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

MRHAPPY62

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

[quote="TonyleFrog"]Firstly my apologies for not being at the Esso garage as arranged.

Esso don't sell V-power ! lol
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

MRturboTom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 9

Post by MRturboTom »

MRHAPPY62 wrote:
TonyleFrog wrote:Firstly my apologies for not being at the Esso garage as arranged.

Esso don't sell V-power ! lol
Was the first meet point ;) prior to the shell

Was good to see everyone.

Thanks to Tony for organising it.

Again sorry about the technical error.
Our traffic on the detour was shifting, transit van must of seen us and clearly new the road. He was off!!
I've just arrived home from the 5.15am start
Tired to say the least.

Had an annoying squeak on the way home, turned out to be the cat breathing, struggling with the heat.
Was wondering what it was for a while :facepalm:

Managed the three of us, luggage and a full set of wheels on the journey home quite comfortably.
'94 Mk2 Rev 3 GT-S 295 fwhp @1.2 bar
'93 Mk2 Rev 2 GT-S 296 fwbhp @ 0.9bar

alanwheeldon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by alanwheeldon »

all of 2Crew had a good time, (the midlanders) was a shame about the traffic but there is not much you can do about it and considering the weather forcast I was kind of expecting it. We all got home about 6pm, took a slight detour west :th:

SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

TonyleFrog wrote: whose indecently rapid Mk3 was ever present in my mirrors! :th:
Well, you can't allow that Tony! Time for more boost? ;)
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Topic author
TonyleFrog
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Image Especially as it too has forced induction...
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

jimGTS
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9

Post by jimGTS »

many thanks again for the great B road run as always...

nice to see a few new faces too.

i only got a few half decent photos and doesn't look like i got everyone either, sorry.

......Rev4 Tbar Turbo......
______Azure blue______
12.53 @ 114mph = ct20b UK record!
____Project, click me____

pbmr2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8

Post by pbmr2 »

Only took 1 photo stupidly!! A brief shot while wondering where everyone had gone behind us near the start..

"Time is the true wealth, spend it well."

Rev4 T-bar gen4 swap
Rev4 Moonroof 3sge daily

Return to “South East”