Kent Run 2020 season - Round 1 - Sunday 26th July

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
ayresyboy
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 20

Re: Kent Run 2020 season - Round 1 - Sunday 26th July

Post by ayresyboy »

TonyleFrog wrote: 08/07/20 17:17
I'm up for the KR if it goes ahead. The Waterside café is open again btw. Early booking essential!
https://hawkhurstfishfarm.co.uk/waterside-cafe
OK deal

1997 2GR-FE | 1998 3S-GTE

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

romford.dan wrote: 10/07/20 23:02
SonicSW20 wrote: 09/07/20 10:52 I'm writing off any events for 2020 myself, even if they are on. If the local Tesco Express can't enforce a one way system and distancing, there's no hope at a large event.
Will you be partaking in the Kent run though? ;)
Ah, but will you? That would be a first. ;)

Re Simply Jap, an open air event is hardly comparable with a neighbourhood convenience store!
I can see his basic point though. The raison d'être of a car show is to see the exhibits up close.
That is likely to result in people clustering together. It depends on whether they use common sense.
However there is plenty of space at Beaulieu to distance oneself if/when required.

Runs and/or meets with restricted numbers is the way to go atm.
Easy to achieve by invitation only. I've done 3 so far with another upcoming on Sunday.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by SonicSW20 »

romford.dan wrote: 10/07/20 23:02 Will you be partaking in the Kent run though? ;)

Unless by some miracle my SW20 is back by then, no, probably not.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

Is this run happening: or not?

Topic author
ayresyboy
Regional Rep
Regional Rep

Post by ayresyboy »

Yup still planned to go ahead although a bit light on people. Andy

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

:th:

romford.dan
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by romford.dan »

SonicSW20 wrote: 12/07/20 20:29
romford.dan wrote: 10/07/20 23:02 Will you be partaking in the Kent run though? ;)

Unless by some miracle my SW20 is back by then, no, probably not.
Last time I checked you had the roadster? ;) I know they're not the most exciting thing in the world but I actually though mine handled great, and was good fun kept on the boil. Thought you'd sing it's praises more considering how long you enjoyed your sw20 NA! You should come along for the run. Weathers looking promising.

SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

romford.dan wrote: 23/07/20 18:18 Last time I checked you had the roadster? ;) I know they're not the most exciting thing in the world but I actually though mine handled great, and was good fun kept on the boil. Thought you'd sing it's praises more considering how long you enjoyed your sw20 NA! You should come along for the run. Weathers looking promising.
Honestly, I'd rather have a lie in than take the roadster. I just don't enjoy it all that much. Chassis is nice, but the engine is just absolutely devoid of any joy. I don't think its broken as it does 0-60mph in about the right number of seconds. Makes for a terrible daily vs SW20 as well due to the lack of space, and the space it does have is inconvenient as its behind the seats, bin in the front is useless if you have a spare tyre in there. Perhaps its the using it as a daily (not that I've driven it much in the past few months) and mainly experiencing its shortcomings rather than its strengths that has eroded any feeling of attachment to it. Won't miss it when I sell it.

Rubbish at long distance as well IMO, just don't find it comfortable over distance compared to SW20 which I can and have driven for several hours non stop without it killing my lower back.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Topic author
ayresyboy
Regional Rep
Regional Rep

Post by ayresyboy »

PM's sent

TonyleFrog

Post by TonyleFrog »

Received. :th:

romford.dan
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by romford.dan »

SonicSW20 wrote: 23/07/20 18:36
romford.dan wrote: 23/07/20 18:18 Last time I checked you had the roadster? ;) I know they're not the most exciting thing in the world but I actually though mine handled great, and was good fun kept on the boil. Thought you'd sing it's praises more considering how long you enjoyed your sw20 NA! You should come along for the run. Weathers looking promising.
Honestly, I'd rather have a lie in than take the roadster. I just don't enjoy it all that much. Chassis is nice, but the engine is just absolutely devoid of any joy. I don't think its broken as it does 0-60mph in about the right number of seconds. Makes for a terrible daily vs SW20 as well due to the lack of space, and the space it does have is inconvenient as its behind the seats, bin in the front is useless if you have a spare tyre in there. Perhaps its the using it as a daily (not that I've driven it much in the past few months) and mainly experiencing its shortcomings rather than its strengths that has eroded any feeling of attachment to it. Won't miss it when I sell it.

Rubbish at long distance as well IMO, just don't find it comfortable over distance compared to SW20 which I can and have driven for several hours non stop without it killing my lower back.
Yeah I hear you mate. By the time I sold mine I was doing 140 miles a day in it, I'd just had enough. But the few times I did wring it's neck on a b road I enjoyed it. We've talked plenty about the crappy 1zz it is a let down.

Topic author
ayresyboy
Regional Rep
Regional Rep

Post by ayresyboy »

romford.dan wrote: 24/07/20 15:01
SonicSW20 wrote: 23/07/20 18:36

Yeah I hear you mate. By the time I sold mine I was doing 140 miles a day in it, I'd just had enough. But the few times I did wring it's neck on a b road I enjoyed it. We've talked plenty about the crappy 1zz it is a let down.
You only need to get it properly built and stick a turbo on it. job done. can't do anything about it's looks in standard guise tho. andy

SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

I'd rather 2ZZ or K swap than turbo the 1ZZ myself 😊
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Topic author
ayresyboy
Regional Rep
Regional Rep

Post by ayresyboy »

SonicSW20 wrote: 24/07/20 16:53 I'd rather 2ZZ or K swap than turbo the 1ZZ myself 😊
B5254T3 :cool1:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 3 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South East”