Multi Region Cotswolds Mega Run - South Central convoy

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Kyyanno
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 1

Multi Region Cotswolds Mega Run - South Central convoy

Post by Kyyanno »

As our region seems to be the only one without a Regional Rep organising anything, I propose that we use the A34/M4 services at Chieveley as a rendezvous location to begin with, and then look at various routes towards the final meet location, wherever that may turn out to be.

I've got a route in mind, though under advisement from another Regional Rep I'm not posting it publicly - I'll send it via PM to those interested. Drop me a PM if you'd like to not be surprised on the day ;)

UPDATE:::::::::

Okay, we have a final meet location - Barrow Wake, nr Birdlip, Gloucester. Aim is to arrive there around 2pm for meet, chat and pictures. As the final route (along with an excellent suggestion by Simon1 to use some local back roads rather than a stretch of the M4) is showing on google maps as being 2h15 worth of driving, I'd say (knowing the A40 on a Sunday) that it's probably going to be closer to 2h30ish. YMMV however, depending on weather on the day and how "spirited" people want to be on any clear stretches.

To this end I suggest that we aim to leave Chievely services between 11:30am and 11:45am, meaning that we should arrive anytime between 1:45pm and 2:15pm depending on how things go. I will aim to be at Chieveley for 11am, and will try to park in a large enough clear area for several cars, probably as far from the main services as possible, just on your right hand side as you enter the services. If anyone gets there before me then please do the same and I'll keep an eye out for you!

Due to the fact that a few of those listed from our region are either on imoc or ROC, and that I've only had 3 people ask me for details of the route, I'm haven't organised anything lunchwise along the way as numbers are uncertain - I suggest either a hearty breakfast or a quick bite at Chieveley to sustain you until after the meet disperses around 3ish.

I will send out a dropbox link (same text, just a bit extra and a new link to updated route) in the morning to those who had already requested it, and also to anyone else who requests it via PM.

All things going well, I'll see you all on Sunday morning at Chieveley, look out for the Rev 1 SMG '2 with the large nutter waving hopefully at any '2s that drive in :laughing
Last edited by Kyyanno on 12/02/15 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

Show & Shine winner - March '14

1991 Rev 1 G-Limited (Super Edition! Yay stickers! :D ) with Rogue Rev 3 Turbo engine conversion, n/a Mongoose exhaust, HKS filter & BOV.

stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Multi Region Cotswolds Mega Run - South Central convoy

Post by stuMR2lee »

Another one for you: Kevin +1 (South Central) (ROC)

sheep

Post by sheep »

sounds good to me - pls pm me the route.

kev_croombs2

Post by kev_croombs2 »

Kyyanno wrote: I've got a route in mind, though under advisement from another Regional Rep I'm not posting it publicly - I'll send it via PM to those interested. Drop me a PM if you'd like to not be surprised on the day ;)
Pm me details of route and meeting points please. I'm about 45mins from chievely

simon1
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by simon1 »

pm me the route details please
My MR2 MK2 REV2 Tubby
210.7 HP, 208 LB/ft Torque, 1/4mile in 14.7023s and castle coombe lap of 1:41 :D

Topic author
Kyyanno

Post by Kyyanno »

See top of thread for updated info!

1991 Rev 1 G-Limited (Super Edition! Yay stickers! :D ) with Rogue Rev 3 Turbo engine conversion, n/a Mongoose exhaust, HKS filter & BOV.

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Could you let me know times for your convoy please so I can pass on the details to ROC guys :th:

Cheers

EDIT ****

Ignore me I just read the thread properly :blush:
Cars suck donkey balls

kev_croombs2

Post by kev_croombs2 »

Thanks for organising kyyano. Great to see so many mr2's together.

Here's to next time and some sunshine so we can get the t-bars off!!

Topic author
Kyyanno

Post by Kyyanno »

Thanks to everyone who came along, this was a great run (despite my constant worrying in the mirrors of "have we got everyone?!?!?") :) We'll have to organise something more local at some point when the weather turns brighter!

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Gutted I couldn't make it. I had the car ready. Unfortunately the Audi required work so spent the day replacing brake, pads, discs, hoses and fluid. Gutted.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South Central”