Wales Run 25/26/27 May 2013

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

turbomeister

Re: Wales Run 25/26/27 May 2013

Post by turbomeister »

I'm not sure yet Adam. If I do I'll be bringing some dvrs along with me for folks to play with (as requested). :D

Topic author
rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by rhon »

Okey dokey, back from hols so quick update. Normally nip to Ynyslas on the Sunday, but this time I'm planning to meet at Aberystwyth about 1ish for a run thru Devils Bridge, and head to Talybont just south of Machynlleth going via Nan ty moch reservoire. Then heading over to Ynyslas if anyone wants to before heading back for the customary chilli & curry for Sunday evening.

Only a few spaces left folks!
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

Mrs_smitty
Deceased Member R.I.P
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Mrs_smitty »

Sorry Rhon, can you take mine and Smitty`s name of the list :crybaby:

My Aunts funeral is on the 24th so wont be able to get back in time plus all the extra petrol money etc :no:

We were really looking forward to this so are really dissappointed but if you could please place us first on the next one i`ll make sure we make it come hell or high water :cool1:

Again sorry for the late pull out but at least it gives some-one else a chance to go and enjoy themselves :)

Hope you all have a great time and please post pleanty of pics :th:

New Hubby, New House, New start what more could i want ?

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

No problem Sarah, sorry to hear your news :-(

Thankyou for letting us know, will def put you on the list for August :-)

Rhon
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

Smitty1977

Post by Smitty1977 »

Anyone going along on this run that has a pair of front arch liners spare they want to sell and bring along ?

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

ROUTE

Where: to Wales!
When: 25th May 2013!
Description:

The meet will start at 11.30 am at the Boycott Arms, Claverley WV5 7DH

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rls=com.m ... CDcQnwIwAw

We'll be leaving the Boycott Arms about 12.30 noon, but don't panic, its only about an hour to the next stopping point if anyone's still starving!

From the pub we'll be turning right, then left and at the island we'll be going straight ahead sign posted Bridgnorth. Continue along this road past Swancote (swimming pool on right). At the roundabout, take the left turn. At mini roundabout, turn right, down the hill and over brow (sharp right – so be aware of traffic coming on wrong side!) At the bottom of the hill, take 2nd turning over the roundabout (A458). Again, at the bottom of the hill go straight over at the roundabout onto the bypass road. Follow this road to the top of the hill and go straight over signposted Shrewsbury. Go through the village of Moreville and turn left onto the B4368. Should be signposted Craven Arms. Road continues through Aston Ayre, Munslow (Crown Hotel) and out through Diddlebury before reaching Craven Arms. (approx 18 miles) At the main junction (Harry Tuffins opposite) where we should be picking up Dan (trouble) turn right onto the A49 signposted Shrewsbury for approx 1.3 miles) until you come to a left hand junction A489 signposted Newtown. Follow this road for approx 8.5 miles. When you get to the junction at the village of Lydham - turn right onto the A488 for approx .5 miles down the hill and take the road to the left Signposted Churchstoke on the A489. (4.2 miles) When you reach Churchstoke (HUGE Harry Tuffins on the left) Ideal for loo break if anyone wants one..lol. ( usually have 30 mins or so stop here) Follow the A489 through Sarn and Kerry down the steep hill into Newtown (approx 11 miles). At the bottom of the hill you will come to a set of traffic lights ,we'll be going LEFT (MacDonalds opposite). From there we'll return to the main run onto the A483 signposted Llandrindod Wells. At traffic signals follow the road straight over (A489 signposted Machynlleth) at the junction with Mochdre go straight over onto the A470 signposted Llangurig - go over the level crossing and into the next village - Landinam (approx 4.5 miles) watch for mobile speed cam on your left on the long straight *cough*. Continue on the A470 for approx 12 miles Straight over at the new roundabout - head for Aberystwyth by the three bridges and continue to head towards Llangurig/Aberystwyth At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A44 signposted Aberystwyth. Follow A44 for approx 8 miles to Eisteddfa Gurig carry on that road any you'll pass the Dyffryn Castell Hotel on your right in approx 2.5 miles. Just after the Hotel, we’ll be turning LEFT to Devil’s Bridge. It’s a straight (well a bit bendy and hilly) run from Devil’s Bridge to Aberystwyth. When we reach the main junction in Aberystwyth, this is where we’ll probably get split, so:

At the junction you will need to go RIGHT. At the mini island, take the 2nd Exit, you will see the steep hill that leads to the main roundabout by Morrisons / Macdonalds. At the main roundabout, take the 1st Left . (morrisons on left and petrol station on right) Go straight over at the mini island and you’ll see the large B&Q/ Curry's carpark (ETA 4.15pm)

Turn right just after the bollard and we’ll be parking up at the back end of the car park.

Smitty1977

Post by Smitty1977 »

Hi Rhon We will meet you at the B&Q carpark in Aber, Sarahs back wont last 4 hrs in a car my route will have us there in just over 1.5 hrs with stops.

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

No prob justin, we will keep a look out for you :th:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

For those staying over, please remember to bring a tent & bedding ... oh ... and a seat. Plate n mug n cutlery... cos plastic knives n forks are useless for eating a fry up haha.

colsmr2

Post by colsmr2 »

Plate n mug n cutlery... cos plastic knives n forks last time I used them I was looking out of my cell lololo :clapping:

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

colsmr2 wrote:Plate n mug n cutlery... cos plastic knives n forks last time I used them I was looking out of my cell lololo :clapping:
That was ages ago! Your timestamp stuck at 1970 lol

CleMR2
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by CleMR2 »

Sorry about this Rhon but I have to pull out of this weekend. Cat got in a fight and needs looking after for the next few days.

First one I've missed since I started I think, gutted. Still, at least I won't have to listen Lewis going on about how cold it's going to be camping.

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

Ah bless! Lewis has just rung, suns out and blue sky there at the mo 8-) He's gone on ahead to get bits done there ready for tomorrow.

Just finished cleaning the car, thought I'd post up before it gets bucketed on tonight!
uploadfromtaptalk1369413269279.jpg

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Have a great weekend guys :th:
Cars suck donkey balls

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “West Midlands”