Wales Run 24/25/26 Aug

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Wales Run 24/25/26 Aug

Post by rhon »

Confirmed date for the Wales Run in aid of Macmillan. Spaces limited to 20!

Please remember to bring.. tent & a seat, cutlery, a mug and a plate and a selection of your favourite beverages ;) (Tea, Coffee, Juice & pop will be provided)

1 Rhon n Mr Rhon
3 Joe n Rach
5 Colin
6 Ivan
7 Ian Clements
8 Ian H
9 Mark
10 Jo
11 Ben
12 All n Ria
14 Ian W
15 Fred & Wilma ;)
17 Pete n Rose
19 Vinny

See you at the weekend!

If you can't make it, please try to let me know asap by email or text in case I miss posting - same goes for if you're not meeting up at the Boycott on the Saturday... let me know - so I'm not sitting on the car park on my own :blush:

ROUTE

Where: to Wales! When: 24th August 2013! Description:

The meet will start at 10.30 am at the Boycott Arms, Claverley WV5 7DH

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rls=com.m ... CDcQnwIwAw

We'll be leaving the Boycott Arms about 10.30 ish but don't panic, its only about an hour to the next stopping point if anyone's still starving!

From the pub we'll be turning right, then left and at the island we'll be going straight ahead sign posted Bridgnorth. Continue along this road past Swancote (swimming pool on right). At the roundabout, take the left turn. At mini roundabout, turn right, down the hill and over brow (sharp right – so be aware of traffic coming on wrong side!) At the bottom of the hill, take 2nd turning over the roundabout (A458). Again, at the bottom of the hill go straight over at the roundabout onto the bypass road. Follow this road to the top of the hill and go straight over signposted Shrewsbury. Go through the village of Moreville and turn left onto the B4368. Should be signposted Craven Arms. Road continues through Aston Ayre, Munslow (Crown Hotel) and out through Diddlebury before reaching Craven Arms. (approx 18 miles) At the main junction (Harry Tuffins opposite) where we should be picking up Dan (trouble) turn right onto the A49 signposted Shrewsbury for approx 1.3 miles) until you come to a left hand junction A489 signposted Newtown. Follow this road for approx 8.5 miles. When you get to the junction at the village of Lydham - turn right onto the A488 for approx .5 miles down the hill and take the road to the left Signposted Churchstoke on the A489. (4.2 miles) When you reach Churchstoke (HUGE Harry Tuffins on the left) Ideal for loo break if anyone wants one..lol. ( usually have 30 mins or so stop here) Follow the A489 through Sarn and Kerry down the steep hill into Newtown (approx 11 miles). At the bottom of the hill you will come to a set of traffic lights ,we'll be going LEFT (MacDonalds opposite). From there we'll return to the main run onto the A483 signposted Llandrindod Wells. At traffic signals follow the road straight over (A489 signposted Machynlleth) at the junction with Mochdre go straight over onto the A470 signposted Llangurig - go over the level crossing and into the next village - Landinam (approx 4.5 miles) watch for mobile speed cam on your left on the long straight *cough*. Continue on the A470 for approx 12 miles Straight over at the new roundabout - head for Aberystwyth by the three bridges and continue to head towards Llangurig/Aberystwyth At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A44 signposted Aberystwyth. Follow A44 for approx 8 miles to Eisteddfa Gurig carry on that road any you'll pass the Dyffryn Castell Hotel on your right in approx 2.5 miles. Just after the Hotel, we’ll be turning LEFT to Devil’s Bridge. It’s a straight (well a bit bendy and hilly) run from Devil’s Bridge to Aberystwyth. When we reach the main junction in Aberystwyth, this is where we’ll probably get split, so:

At the junction you will need to go LEFT. ETA @ site 3ish.

Normally nip to Ynyslas on the Sunday, but this time I'm planning to leave the site about 1ish for a run thru Devils Bridge, and head to Talybont just south of Machynlleth going via Nan ty moch reservoir. Then heading over to Ynyslas if anyone wants to before heading back for the customary chilli & curry for Sunday evening.

red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

IanH
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Re: Wales Run 24/25/26 Aug

Post by IanH »

Looking forward to it Rhon. Now - decisions. Should I be mr2 loyal and bring the roadster, or bring the "other one"... ;)

If we aren't going to the beach this time tempted to come in the other one, since salty substances don't do it much good. :sad:

Is anybody aware of the piston heads "breakfast meet" at crosshands on Sunday morning? Meant to be some tasty cars there - shall we gatecrash? :cheeky: :D

...probably too early for me after the night before though, given they are meeting around 9 or so. :facepalm: :rolleyes:

..and Rhons breakfasts are better anyway. :th:

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

I'll be doing the run planned for nanty moch about 1ish.

No time for me to go, i'll be cooking breakfast ready for 10am as usual. N it takes me a while to clear up after everyones finished.I've got All the food ordered n paid for so I hope everyone won't be deserting me :-(
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

colsmr2

Post by colsmr2 »

nope i got the camera ready this time rhon great run hope the weather is as good

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

Forgot to put up the camping fees!

Its £15 a night site fees, but for the Saturday and Sunday for the run, I've got us a discount of £20 for the 2 nights from the site owner (saves you all a tenner) :cool1: Please ensure that payment is made to me before you go :th:

Not long to go now.... so I'm off to polish the car!

See you all tomorrow :yahoo:

Mrs_smitty
Deceased Member R.I.P
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Mrs_smitty »

Sorry we cant make this one Rhon but we have a wedding next weekend and then JAE not to mention Jus is working :crybaby:

Enjoy yourselves and take plenty of pics and hope we can catch up soon :th:

New Hubby, New House, New start what more could i want ?

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

No problem Sarah!

Think you came to the right one in May with all the lovely sunshine!

Will take as many pics as I can, camera n two batteries charged ready to go :-)

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

All clean ready ...
uploadfromtaptalk1377278360204.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1377278445775.jpg

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

Thanks to everyone who came the weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Hope you did too.

Huge thanks for the donations to Macmillan... there's £180 heading their way :th:

rover76

Post by rover76 »

It was good to see you all again :th:

colsmr2

Post by colsmr2 »

ahhhhhhhhhh what a fantastic weekend many thanks Rhon and Lewis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colsmr2

Post by colsmr2 »

good morning campers see what you were missing while you were :th: all asleep

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

Glad you enjoyed it.... think we've got your seat in our shed...

IanH
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by IanH »

Excellent weekend - really enjoyed it.

Nice to meet you all again. Next time I'll not bring the girly car and bring the manly one instead. :p

Drive out on Sunday was fun - although I don't think I was driving "sportily" enough, since my passenger fell asleep even with the roof and windows down. :laughing

Driving back home not so fun, especially with all the bank holiday traffic on the M4.

Man make fire!!!!

On the beach

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “West Midlands”