SOS Hospital - Teg_Mr2 - 16th September @ 10am

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Iceseth-MR2

Re: SOS Hospital - Teg_Mr2 - 16th September @ 10am

Post by Iceseth-MR2 »

all good :D

MR2Spider

Post by MR2Spider »

Hi

Sorry for the late reply have been sorting out the rust on my sills all week, just about got it done :yahoo:

I can come lend a hand, maybe closer to midday as I'm going out for a drink to celebrate tomorrow night :)

Can someone PM me the address?

Matt

Teg_Mr2

Post by Teg_Mr2 »

Hey Matt more the merrier :th:

Foxystuff

Post by Foxystuff »

This is a brilliant idea - Andy extreme and I do this... It involves 2 people and 2 MR2s in the deep SW *giggle*. Good luck and have fun :D

Topic author
MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

Well, a successful day all round methinks :th:

Good to meet you guys :th:

First job was to secure the front fog. The existing one was held in by the cable, not ideal. So enlarged the hole and fitted a plastic spreader we could screw into. One tab is broken off but at least it wont fall out while driving :facepalm:

We then started on a bit of engine detailing - this was the engine to begin with. Not too bad to be fair but needs a little life injected into it ;)

Started off by colour coordinating an x-brace I had here for the bay

We then stripped out the inlet manifold and plenum and cleaned it using TFR - this was left to dry before a coat of Aluminium VHT

Started to replace some of the Vac lines with some blue silicone I had lying about and rebuilt the engine. It isn't finished by a long shot but a good start none the less :th:

And finally we tackled the Rev3 light conversion on the rear - good call on the black :th:

So, all in all a very productive day. Met new people, had a laugh and worked through a list of jobs...

Teg mate - give your better half a big thumbs up on the BBQ - top work there :th:
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Teg_Mr2

Post by Teg_Mr2 »

Thanks to everybody for your input, great day well happy with the work.

Thanks to you Jay for hosting along with your Missus :th:

p.s one reverse light is now working :facepalm:

p.p.s we want Jas :laughing

Teg_Mr2

Post by Teg_Mr2 »

You also missed I joined the CHURCH :D

Jonn1boy

Post by Jonn1boy »

awesome day thanks chaps thanks for the food teg!!!! and for letting me learn a bit about MR2s got a few ideas of jay thanks for that! cant wait to get started also great meeting everyone! made it home safe! or though i did see a dark green mr2 on the way back to boston! so dont know who that was! but awesome pics! cant wait for the next SOS

Teg_Mr2

Post by Teg_Mr2 »

Well thanks for making the effort 2 hours to get to us, thats commitment nice to meet you both. :D

Jonn1boy

Post by Jonn1boy »

yea was well worth the 2 hours :) but it went really quick i tell ya that before i know it it was 7pm even tho id only woken up at 7am, but i hope to meet everyone again! cant wait!

dont know if this will work but heres my picture of the 4 mr2s and the gang minus me of course :clapping: (notice the pink one behind everyone) :D only joking matt hehe

resize.jpg

Kinsy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 4

Post by Kinsy »

Sorry I didn't make it chaps - loads of stuff on today & needed to spend some time with the Mrs.

I'll be at the next one. What else was on the list?

Teg_Mr2

Post by Teg_Mr2 »

I cant remember the date for the next one.....

The only thing we didn't get done Kinsy was the ariel as this one was unrepairable.

Jonn1boy

Post by Jonn1boy »

hey teg ill be popping the scrap yard again this weekend or next weekend as he got another mr2 in there so i might just for u grab the aerial motor for you if its still has it on there as i did call dibs on this one so hopefully ill be able to get alot of it! (no clue if this one works tho but if it does :yahoo: )

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “East Midlands”