LONG SHOT : Event from 2003 !!

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Fozzydaz

LONG SHOT : Event from 2003 !!

Post by Fozzydaz »

Really, really long shot here ......... but I was first a member of MR2OC back in 2003 and attended an event which was held on the 30 November 2003, based somewhere near Warwick i think. I have been looking through the forums to try and find photos from that event but haven't been able to find them (like, it was only 15 years ago :shocked: )
I don't suppose there is a way of searching any deeper to find these photo's at all is there ?
Only reason i am looking, is that there were a couple of photo's of my very first MR2 in amongst the photos taken that day. The car turned out to be a complete pig soon after and was sold off but i never did get any photo's of that car (I didn't realise how much i had got the bug until many years later so didnt take any snaps).
So, just to complete my own collection, i really do want to try and track those couple of photo's down.
I can't even remember the reg no : apart from it was a G-plate rev1, GLtd in Black.
Granted, It was a dog. But, many years later ............ it's got a lot to answer for !! :D

Any help would be appreciated.

chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

Re: LONG SHOT : Event from 2003 !!

Post by chris »

probably the first Warwick services meet... if memory serves me correctly, we went onto a pub in Alcester for lunch?
I've probably got some photos on my home computer of that event

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Have you checked here https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/mr2oc-gallery/e ... rwick.html
Your unlikely to find any pics from that long ago on the forums, however we have a mountain of pictures from old events that we saved from previous versions of the site and are gradually uploading them to the OC Gallery (as the above link) I'll have a scan through the files and see if we have any more Warwick meets. if we have I#ll upload them to the Gallery and post on this thread
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
Fozzydaz

Post by Fozzydaz »

Thanks jimi : yeah, i did find my way to the archive once before when looking but it looked like the archive went close but not right the way back to 2003

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

I've just uploaded all the Warwick meets we have pics of, you can find them here https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/mr2oc-gallery/c ... vents.html unfortunately I have no dates for them so if anyone can put dates to the albums let me know and I'll update them

Topic author
Fozzydaz

Post by Fozzydaz »

LEGEND !!!! .......... found it ............. God i was fatter back then !! And miserable. Even so, great to be able to pop a missing piece in the jigsaw now .......... CHEERS JIMI :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Checking the MOT history, it finally died in 2009 so it lived for a good 5 years after me.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

:th: Need a link so we can see what your talking about :laughing

Edit the car in question

Topic author
Fozzydaz

Post by Fozzydaz »

https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/mr2oc-gallery/e ... ck403.html

The car reg is G582 LNP : and i'm the miserable looking git with a top that says "Best of British" on it. What can i say, those were not the happiest times in life : thankfully, a lot changed for me soon after this particular era !!
:D :D

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

I wonder how many still on here can claim a link to the OC's earliest days?
chris must be in with a shout for the longest serving member.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
Fozzydaz

Post by Fozzydaz »

I was a member back in 2003 and then life went a bit "belly up" and i had to sell car early 2004. Got another MR2 in 2007 but wasn't really active with clubs back then. Wasn't until 2014 that i got back into the club thing.
When looking through the Warwick meet photos, there is a 53 plate sable grey Roadster : that would have been practically brand new when the photo was taken ......... kinda dates it a bit !!

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

If you remember your original username or email addy I can check the records to see if your original registration date is still there?
On another note in among those Warwick pics I see one with BBT (BadBoyTurbo) in it, he was one of the very early members from Edinburgh, wonder why he was down at a Warwick meet.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jimi »

TonyleFrog wrote: 04/09/18 20:03 I wonder how many still on here can claim a link to the OC's earliest days?
chris must be in with a shout for the longest serving member.
Kind of depends on how you define it. Active as in still posting or active as in still visiting the site within the last???? days/weeks/year?
Jeff would the longest serving, still active by any standard ;) from what I can see on a quick look, Chris would be a very close second :th: If you want to set the criteria I could compile a top 5 or 10?

Topic author
Fozzydaz

Post by Fozzydaz »

God that's a tough one : haven't got a clue as to previous username was and best guess i can give for previous email address would have been darrenletts@aol.com - not even sure if i have remembered that correctly.

jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20

Post by jeff »

no darrenletts on the system

no other users it could be with just letts in their names either
Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “East Midlands”