Wheel fitment assistance

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

abovetherim
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Wheel fitment assistance

Post by abovetherim »

I'm gonna throw another option out there.
Hunt out a used set of alloys that suit your style and fitment. ebay, gumtree, here,piston heads etc. You be amazed at the bargains that can be had. £250 could buy you a reasonable condition set with usable tyes (it did for me, some advan sa3rs with nearly new kuhmo tyres)
Apex -30 springs can be had for £120 and new shock inserts can be had from tcbparts for £35 each (assuming you have rebuildable N/A struts)
Next on the list are the lower ball joints if worn and then bush replacement with polybush (as hard or soft as you like).
so thats
250 (wheels)+120(springs)+140(inserts)+80(ball joints)+140(polybush)=£730

That gives you a bit of a cushion on the wheels and tyres and £60- £80 for an alignment, maybe some new drop links and sundries like pentrant, the odd tool you might not have (coil spring compressors).

This all assumes you are DIYing it or have someone that can.

1991 rev 1 T Bar n/a 3sge import. A work in progress!!!

Topic author
SamBenbow

Post by SamBenbow »

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been online in a while! I probably should have listened to that advice however iv'e pretty much blown my budget on wheels! haha i got some brand new bronze rota torques 17x7.5 front and 17x8 rear with new Nankang NS-20 on all of them, 215 front 235 rear i believe, cant remember off the top of my head. Not the most high end of tires i know but the car is stock so i don't know that i really need anything better! I'm a little concerned about suspension work now since talking to my insurance company as i'm not sure whether they'll insure me with the mods! I'm getting conflicting answers every time i call up tbh! (I'm insured with elephant)

So finally i think that a shock/spring combo is gonna be my best bet, just finding the most cost effective way of doing it whilst it still being driveable/safe (that'd be after sorting the things like mounts etc. out first) the offsets are fairly close, when i start lowering it and getting the stance a bit more aggressive i may look at spacers but tbh the fronts are pretty good the rears could probably do with like another ten mm, but all in all i'm super happy with how its looking so far and i'm not in a mad rush to sort the suspension out as it's all behaving. (for now :laughing )
Attachments
P1180053.jpg

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

Did you get 4 wheel alignment ? If not you could be wasting loads of new rubber !
And still not having a nice handling car .
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Topic author
SamBenbow

Post by SamBenbow »

Yeh I've got it booked in a couple of days so I've just had to stick it till then!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 6 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”