Lightweight Alloys

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Zspeed

Lightweight Alloys

Post by Zspeed »

After reading several discussions on the advantages of lightweight alloys for the mk3 i have been trying to find what alloys are available that will acheive this.

However, I am struggling to find anything, and wondered if i have missed something or it is a case of literally asking sellers before buying.

Can anyone can point me to a list or seller that can provide this info? Perhaps info on lightweights you have bought compared to the standard stock wheels?

Tia

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Lightweight Alloys

Post by jimi »

Standard wheel weights (without tyres) are:
15 x 6 = 14.6lbs
15 x 6.5 = 15.2lbs
16 x 7 = 18.9lbs
List of wheel weights https://www.spyderchat.com/threads/list ... hts.14828/
Wouldn't like to say how accurate they are
Also this thread may help
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=9911.0
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
Zspeed

Post by Zspeed »

Thanks for the stock info jimi, its trying to get weights for alloys for sale i am finding hardest to find.

I thought someone might have found an alloy retailer that lists this info so you can make a comparison when making choices.

I have found reference to OZ, Rota and Enki being lightweight but still no actual weights to go by.

Feel like i need to take some scales to a shop with me when we are allowed.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

The first link I posted has weights fir a massive list of wheels ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
Zspeed

Post by Zspeed »

Oops, missed that first time. Thanks jimi

There is certainly some info in there that might help. I have been through most of the list and searched opportunities.

A lot are old and no longer available but a few are still about. It has also led me to rimstyle who have a fitment calculator which using together i can hopefully finetune a selection from. I am going to message them and see if they have current weight info about wheels from manufacturers featured on that list.

👍

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 2 weeks old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”