What offset would you recommend to run on Mk2 Mr2

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Laurynas
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

What offset would you recommend to run on Mk2 Mr2

Post by Laurynas »

Hey, so i’m new to the whole mr2 thing, it’s my first car, i have a little bit of knowledge on what people recommend running, however i’m struggling to find wheels in those sizes and offsets.
I quite like the look of Rotiform LAS-R, and the only size of 17s they do is 8j et30 and et40 and 9j et30 and et40. link below.
https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/rotiform ... -type.html
So from what i’ve gathered my car is running stock suspension, and some 16inch rays (buckled and lots of peeling and rusty hardware) not even sure on offset all i know they’re 7j upfront and 8j rear.
I’d like to know before i shell out a lot of money on new wheels which offset people recommend to get and if i’d need any adjustments like fender rolling/ spacers. any help is very much appreciated

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: What offset would you recommend to run on Mk2 Mr2

Post by TonyleFrog »

KY2 is your friend. :) - https://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your2/mk2/ ... tyres.html

Wheel appearance is a very subjective issue. What really matters is ET (offset).
It's pointless hankering after a particular wheel if it won't fit your car without major bodywork surgery!

Use this plug & play fitment calculator - https://91mr2.com/wheel-and-tire-calculator/
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
Laurynas
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: What offset would you recommend to run on Mk2 Mr2

Post by Laurynas »

so plugging numbers in and playing around on there if i put the et40s on i’d be 4.5mm tucked from flush and 0.6mm clearance from suspension so a 3mm spacer and rolled arches would do the fix for the front, while the rear would be 17mm from flush so should be all good to go as it is?
compared to stock wheels which i have and i could test them on and measure it out posted the numbers i got out of it below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”