Spreading the word about Goodyear tyres

Use this forum to find out what fits and to share fitment information and images.

Topic author
locogeoff
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by locogeoff »

Info about goodyear tyres

Don't know if this has been posted before but here it is anyway

millentubby

Post by millentubby »

Disturbing stuff!!!
Volvo forum wrote:To all that run eagle F1 GSD3's,i thought i would let you know that i have found that there are two types!There propper one that is a really good tyre,does'nt squeak and sticks really well is made in Germany,and has this written on the sidewall.The second has made in Thailand written on the side wall,they both look the same but my god they are not!The one from Thailand is horrible it squeaks and induces alot of understeer,and generally has no grip,its ok for traction and breaking thought lol.I am still unsure as to weather or not its a copy or not,but reading around on the internet there apears to be two compounds from goodyear.
So before the tyre fitter pops them on have a look,if they have made in Thailand,run they are nasty lol.
Just went outside to check mine and they're genuine 'Made in Germany' items and have been really impressed with the performance. I really wouldn't put anything else on my car now I've got these ones.

Steer clear of the Thai ones!

Can a mod sticky this thread please?

millentubby

Post by millentubby »

Seems that the Thai ones are a different compound that aren't fit for use in the EU (not E-marked...so shouldn't even be sold in this country apparently).

If it's got 'made in Germany' on the sidewall then you're onto a winner. I love mine :)

Return to “MR2 Wheels and Tyres”