Nur on an NA?

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Trouble

Re: Nur on an NA?

Post by Trouble »

Protok wrote:
Trouble wrote:But you will loose performance due to loss of back pressure ...
What a load of @#*t....
The more free flowing an exhaust is, the faster that exhaust gasses will travel which in turn improves performance whether on an N/A or Turbo!
:facepalm: :th:

On a turbo you want as much free flowing as possible .. but on an N/a you need some back pressure other wise you WILL loose some low down performance and grunt !! ..But on the other hand at absolute flat out speeds you will get a slight power increase ... just before the old bill pull you for speeding :rofl: ...

Topic author
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Trouble wrote:
Protok wrote:
Trouble wrote:But you will loose performance due to loss of back pressure ...
What a load of @#*t....
The more free flowing an exhaust is, the faster that exhaust gasses will travel which in turn improves performance whether on an N/A or Turbo!
:facepalm: :th:

On a turbo you want as much free flowing as possible .. but on an N/a you need some back pressure other wise you WILL loose some low down performance and grunt !! ..But on the other hand at absolute flat out speeds you will get a slight power increase ... just before the old bill pull you for speeding :rofl: ...
Not back pressure :facepalm: Exhaust velocity

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t943495 ... rong_.html

Topic author
lee-8ballauto

Nur on an NA?

Post by lee-8ballauto »

I have a jap speed tubby exhaust on my n/a and it's definatly slower because of it

Sent from my iPhone using Jedi mind control

Topic author
Kitsan

Post by Kitsan »

I once put a cheese burger in my engine bay, made no difference to BHP what so ever. Dont belive everything these people say dude...

Topic author
cj

Post by cj »

Kitsan wrote:I once put a cheese burger in my engine bay, made no difference to BHP what so ever. Dont belive everything these people say dude...
Damn! I just bought 2 :no:

I have been around the forums (Supra mainly) long enough to realise that there are different opinions on almost everything. And that somewhere between them all is the truth :D

As I know next to nothing about the mr2 I will certainly be taking my time to read up and learn - and still wont know as much as most others!

Topic author
Olly

Post by Olly »

Guys, "lose" vs "loose" please.

You did go to school didn't you?

:facepalm:

Topic author
cj

Nur on an NA?

Post by cj »

Ah well, there's been a change of plan.

I've now acquired a mk2 rev2 turbo car to use as a donor for a conversion and so the issue of a nur into an NA is not applicable any more. :D

GazRev1Tubby
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 1

Nur on an NA?

Post by GazRev1Tubby »

:D
1996 BPU Supra TT ;)
The deuce will surely be missed, until the second turbo comes online :th:

Topic author
mr2_evo

Post by mr2_evo »

Just a quick question cause I'm going to get my blitz fitted on my n/a today what's s Fe decat pipe???

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Wales”