Monthly meets

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
mr2extreme06

Monthly meets

Post by mr2extreme06 »

Was wondering if anyone has thought bout organising meets in there area's to gain more members? :th:

badgerbob
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Re: Monthly meets

Post by badgerbob »

Fancy a go kart meet in portsmouth next month? :)

Topic author
mr2extreme06

Post by mr2extreme06 »

i would if i could afford the fuel at the mo lol

Topic author
FanGirl

Post by FanGirl »

mr2extreme06 wrote:Was wondering if anyone has thought bout organising meets in there area's to gain more members? :th:
Being as I'm the only member in my particular area, probably wouldn't be that effective :blush:

However, I have considered standing by the traffic lights and diving on any random MR2s with some print-offs! :laughing Just kidding on that one, not kidding about the print offs and possibly butterfly-netting any owners I see out and about :D

Topic author
Foxystuff

Post by Foxystuff »

mr2extreme06 wrote:Was wondering if anyone has thought bout organising meets in there area's to gain more members? :th:
When the runaway train that is my life gives me two minutes, the first thing I think about is meeting more members, driving, perving at their motors and recruiting more unsuspecting 2 lovers... So, just make your suggestion and I'm in whenever I can! Yay! :D

MrJan
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1

Post by MrJan »

We used to have a monthly meet on the 3rd Sunday of the month (go back a bit in the SW section and there are probably a few old threads lying about). The problem was that the members would be coming from as far afield as Swindon, Marlborough, Gloucester, Plymouth, Exeter etc. so some would be more attended than others. Personally I found a bit too expensive going much beyond Bristol (did a tunnel run and a few meets at Cheddar though) but some people wouldn't bat an eyelid at driving from Swindon down to Exeter (usually to a meet that could go as far down as Tavistock or the odd one that ventured towards N. Devon).

Anyway with the rising fuel prices, various issues for different members and Reps (some car related, some family related) they sort of tailed off with the northern part of the region attending the Marlborough meets more often (unsurprisingly). Also the show season usually means that they're not organised over the summer as people really can't afford them then.

Anyway, to cut a long post short, I'm up for some meets in the Bristol to Plymouth type region, Sundays are best for me as Saturday is football day :) Not quite sure what the Rep situation is at the minute though as I don't really visit the forum much these days.

dellams
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by dellams »

When is the next meet anyway?

Not heard anything for a while?

Extreme/Andy, heard anymore about that newquay show?

I'm in the same boat as everyone else at the mo being skint and mega busy, should hopefully be buying my new 2 next fri (has ABS, yay! :) ) so be good at some point for peeps to meet my new 2... :)

Still struggling to sell my old one though, know anyone who wants want? In really good condition now, just spent £500+ replacing all the ignition components so if you thought it was fast before, now its ridiculously fast and doesn't miss a beat! Fastest 2 I have ever driven, overwhelms me sometimes and really s##ts me up! And that's coming from me who drives at warp 3 normally! ;-)
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

Topic author
mr2extreme06

Post by mr2extreme06 »

Not heard anything yet mate :sad: , work has been a bit slow for me lately so haven't been able to organize a meet yet but as soon as work is back to normal ill organize a meet :th:

Topic author
Foxystuff

Post by Foxystuff »

mr2extreme06 wrote:Not heard anything yet mate :sad: , work has been a bit slow for me lately so haven't been able to organize a meet yet but as soon as work is back to normal ill organize a meet :th:
Hey you... I am off to get my servicing this week and will be driving back to Kernow Sunday, if you're also making your way back down, we could duo-drive? Or if anyone else fancies a little Foxy fun? I will be coming from Warminster and beavering home, if any part of the journey tickles any South-westers' imagination. :drive1:

dellams

Post by dellams »

Would love to join you but not planning on travelling anywhere, although I should hopefully be driving my new 2 home from NewMarket in kent on Friday eve if anyone wanted to join me for that one... :)

What do you do for a living again Andy? So presume you can't afford fuel either then? :( I have the same problem at the mo, im screwed until I can sell my blue 2... :(
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

Topic author
mr2extreme06

Post by mr2extreme06 »

I'm a carpenter, i'm leaving the mr2 alone at the mo till i get my money back to normal :(

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

There seem to be a few of us either in or around Bristol

Who fancies a meet in early January in Bristol? How does Blaize castle/hamlet sound?
Maybe a weekend, have a look at the cars, maybe go for lunch somewhere. Could be a way to start the new year :)

More than happy to take any suggestions as to venues :)

Topic author
mr2extreme06

Post by mr2extreme06 »

Put up a post mate and see how much interest you get :th:

Does sound like a good idea :th:

dellams

Post by dellams »

mr2extreme06 wrote:I'm a carpenter, i'm leaving the mr2 alone at the mo till i get my money back to normal :(
Cool, you any good then? Is your house full of furniture you have made like your chairs, tables, wardrobes, cabinets, drawers, etc? :)
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South West”